Five Ways to Celebrate Earth Day!
By: Meagan Hofer
Did you know Earth Day is this Friday? It’s important that we take care of the beautiful world that our God created – so here are a few ways you can celebrate (while loving on the environment).
- Organize a team to pick trash up around your corps.
You could even take advantage of this opportunity and invite a friend who has not been to church to tag a long!
- Start actually using the water bottle you got at youth councils, TMI or women’s retreat.
Plastic waste is bad for the planet!!
- Grab some corps members and plan a bike ride.
Lots eco-friendly fun AND you burn some calories.
- Create a space for recycling at your corps, Kroc Center or in your office!
Become the Recycling King/Queen of your space – the earth thanks you!
- Spread some beauty – plant a tree or some flowers!
Surely, you are convinced after this gif(t) of cuteness.
However you spend your day, make sure you take a break from the screen and go outside and thank God for all the beauty around you. Isn’t God’s detail amazing?
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims His handiwork. Psalm 19:1 ESV