Five Reasons Why Summer Camp is the Best
By: Meagan Hofer
Every time summer camp season rolls around, you start to see photos pop up on your facebook timeline and you are instantly taken back to the good ol’ days. Whether you worked on camp staff, attended as a camper or served on program staff – those memories are priceless.
1. You are challenged to try new things! From fishing, to archery, to ropes course – camp encourages you to step out of your comfort zone.
2. Night programs make for lots of fun and hilarious moments. Messy nights, camp fires and talent shows – to name a few! (Maybe you even had an appearance from the Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, New Kids on the Block or One Direction?)
3. Bible Class and vespers are filled with special moments. Leaders pour into campers, making a lasting impact in the lives of many.
4. Camp is beautiful. You can’t help but to fall in love with nature at the many different Southern Territory camps.
5. You meet new people and build friendships that last forever.
Photos via: YouthDownSouth
You must be logged in to post a comment.