August 18, 2013
The final day of Bible Conference ended with a beautiful morning of worship filled with music, dance, and scripture! Commissioner Jolene Hodder gave one last testimony and appreciation for the invitation to join the Southern Territory at Bible Conference. Marty Mikles and friends sang “Beautiful Things” before Commissioner Jeffrey began his sermon, I Believe in God the Father Almighty. He incorporated the Apostles’ Creed into his sermon while tying in the theme of the week, “Knowing Jesus from the Beginning.”
The Apostles’ Creed
- I believe in God the Father Almighty,
- maker of heaven and earth;
- And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord:
- who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
- born of the Virgin Mary,
- suffered under Pontius Pilate,
- was crucified, dead, and buried;
- the third day he rose from the dead;
- he ascended into heaven,
- and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty;
- from thence he shall come to judge the living and the dead.
- I believe in the Holy Spirit,
- the holy catholic* church,
- the communion of saints,
- the forgiveness of sins,
- the resurrection of the body,
- and the life everlasting. Amen.
Several came to the Mercy Seat during the time of commitment, as the congregation joined in singing “Holy Ground.” Captain Dan Nelson spoke about officership and the need for men and women wanting to reach the world for Christ. Many answered the call that morning to become officers themselves.
The morning ended with “I’ll Go In the Strength!” The song was sung as a promise that they would leave Lake Junaluska a changed person.
Make plans now to attend Bible Conference next year from August 10-17, 2014.
For More Salvation Army News Visit: salvationarmysouth.org